Wanted to catch up everyone on all that is going on here in the ‘burbs of San Jose. As always, there are way too many projects and ideas either being put into action or just simply flitting around my mind. So today – there’s a list – really I simply need to off-load some of these to allow more thoughts to flow through.
- School is back in session – will California EVER figure out how to teach Math to middle school/high school students? How can you explain maintaining baseline concepts that many students don’t grasp. My son begins tutoring this week; it seems the only way he is going to be able to pass the CAHSEE is if he gets help outside of his high school.
- Sitting in a Web 2.0 Summit today through my company – proves to me that I am true multi-tasker – because I am blogging at the same time – oh and paying bills – and planning dinner, reading up on the debate and creating an abstract to present on the need for Web collaboration tools to be implemented in my workgroup. This all begs the question do I need Twitter AND an avatar in Second Life?
- I have this thought of being grateful to Sarah Palin. Now don’t get me wrong- I don’t agree with her politics – and I don’t believe that she has the qualifications to hold the second most powerful job in the world. But her meteorical rise to the top of the political world has given me hope and has help allay my self-doubts. Now, whenever I feel unsure or fearful about an action or a decision I need to take or make – I remind myself – if Sarah can be VP – why not me? A job interview, where I might be challenged by the position – of course I can! If I need to approach my boss with a problem – Sarah would do it! She demonstrates daily the chutzpah (sp?) and cheekiness that can inspire those with doubts about their abilities. But can we please just send her home on November 4th?
- In case you didn’t know the financial crisis revolves around my personal finances. AIG is my insurance company, it also holds the majority of my 401k savings. Washington Mutual, excuse me JP Morgan Chase, is my bank, and Wachovia/Wells Fargo/Citigroup (whoever it is today) holds my mortgage. Coincidence? Maybe – but keep your eyes on Fidelity and INGDirect just in case.
- I am loving the last crop of late summer tomatoes. Caprese salad for breakfast – Margarhita Pasta for lunch – Tomatoes stuffed with Arborio Rice for dinner. But all good things must come to an end, this week my CSA offers up Acorn Squash – HELLO AUTUMN!
- Why is it that even though I know that mediation is good for me, I’d rather veg out in front of the television watching 2 hours of mindless comedy on CBS Monday?
My mind is now officially decluttered – at least for the next 15 minutes or so. Thank you for your time! And don’t let MY random thoughts linger too long – you have enough to noodle on yourself!